Helping You Navigate All Aspects of a High-Asset Divorce
Divorce is often a complex process that can be compounded when the situation involves large assets, high-value personal property and numerous real properties. These high-asset divorces require a detail-oriented, knowledgeable lawyer who can protect your rights throughout the entirety of the divorce.
At The Law Office of John J. Leonard, we skillfully provide high-asset clients with the zealous representation they need. We leverage the knowledge and experience of attorney John J. Leonard when helping clients move forward with their divorce and ultimately their lives.
What We Do In These Cases
High-asset divorce cases have many different facets and issues that need to be addressed. We provide comprehensive representation to clients in these cases, utilizing the insight of forensic experts when necessary. Representation of our high-asset divorce clients includes:
- Property valuations of primary residences, vacation properties, rental properties, undeveloped property and other real property interests
- Analysis and negotiation of separate property claims to protect your assets that are not part of the marital estate
- Analysis and negotiation of complex spousal support claims
- Valuations of family-owned or closely-held businesses
- Asset investigations to uncover foreign accounts, offshore accounts, out-of-state assets or hidden assets
- Extensive party discovery practice and third-party subpoena practice to obtain all financial documentation relevant to your matter
- Analysis and calculation of complex child support obligations
- Advice and representation when a parent asks the court for permission to relocate the child of the marriage outside of the jurisdiction
About Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
Many high-asset divorces involve prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. What many people do not know is that in New York, the agreement must be judged as fair to both parties at the time of its enforcement, as well as the time at which it was written. For our clients with such agreements in place, we take the time to thoroughly review your agreement and explain how it will affect the outcome of your case. For clients seeking to protect their property through the use of such agreements, we have the necessary experience to draft agreements that are both tailored to your specific situation and implement the legal requirements necessary to ensure they are valid and enforceable.
Get Answers To Your Divorce Questions
We are here to help you at every stage of the emotional process of resolving a high-asset divorce. Call us at 888-367-0445 or send us an email using our online form to schedule a consultation at our Hampton Bays office. We handle cases throughout Long Island and Suffolk County.